Thousands of global travel fans voted in PrivateFly’s annual Scenic Airports Poll this year. Over 122 different airports around the world received a mention, including those chosen and shortlisted by PrivateFly’s expert judging panel.
The complete Top 10 Most Scenic Airport Landings was as follows:
- Saba Airport (Juancho E Yrausquin), Caribbean
- Donegal Airport, Ireland
- Nice Cote d’Azur Airport, France
- Gibraltar Airport, Gibraltar
- Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
- London City Airport, UK
- St Maarten Princess Juliana International Airport, Caribbean
- Orlando Melbourne Airport, USA
- Barra Airport, Scotland, UK
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
Comments from the public included: “Coming in from either East or West, the approach offers amazing views of this jewel of the Med. Love Gib to bits.”
One of the Poll’s judges, Tom Otley, said: “Gibraltar has stunning views, the iconic rock and a very short runway on the border of two countries.